Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lighting The Lanterns of Tea!



      Double digits post # 10


      I haven't got the next post of the monitor build ready yet so instead I figured I would start yet another build. This one is going to be a tea light holder of sorts.


 
      So I started this build with these two Tea light Lanterns. I found these lanterns A few years back when I had to clear out an abandoned apartment. they left a ton of stuff in the apartment including these things and I just grabbed them for some reason.


     

      So first thing was to take out the glas the was in the lanterns I plan on putting it all back in at the end However these lanterns are going to get painted and I don't feel like trying to paint around the glass. 

 
     Then I thought I might add these to the Monitor build maybe not but it could happen. So figured I am going to need something on these to make them look like they go with it incase I do add them to the monitor build. What I thought of was to drill some holes in the bottom. As you can see I drilled four small holes one in each corner.


     I then put a 5mm LED in each of the holes. The same red LED's used in the monitor build. This I rather like a lot. A few simple LED's and these dumb little lantern this look ten times better.




     That's As far As I got for now. I plan on doing more to these some time in the next few days most likely finishing then completely by my next post on them. I also think that I am going to add them to the monitor build.


   That's all for this post though hope it was enough to suffice.

    Like always thanks for reading and if you like what you see please comment rate and follow. it will give me more motivation to do more builds and posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment