Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lamp shade filler project.



       Post lucky # 7


               This is a new build I started just for the blog trying to stay ahead of myself. it is the beginning of a full lamp I plan on making. This post is all about the Shades.




        So in the video it shows pretty much everything I'm about to write but hey I'm going to write it anyways. I made this like I said to keep busy on builds for this blog. I first started with a roll of 3/8 soft copper tubing, and some scrap copper wire. All stuff I had lying around in the basement for no good reason.

     I started by bending the tube into rings of three different sizes. The small ones are to fit around the light socket. The medium ones are just for a transition to the big one. The big ones Are the full size of the shade. I was going to solder these together with the wire, but my torch is out of gas. So instead I drilled eight holes in each ring a feed the wire through them.

      I twisted the wire around each one of the rings once so to keep them at the right spot and make it so they could not move. Then I just went one ring at a time till they were all put one and twisted into place.

      The lamp shade really isn't much of a shade at all. but they look pretty cool after this I plan on making a full lamp post for them. I still don't know yet if I'm going to make them into two different lamps or into one lamp that splits of into two lights. However I do know that it is going to be all make of copper, brass, and wood. That won't be till I get a new tank of gas so I could solder them all together.  Like I said this was a quick easy build. To be the start of a new project. As soon as these are done they will most likely be up on ebay because I have no use for more lamps in my house Unless they come out looking really cool then it might be hard for me to part with them.


Again thanks for reading and if you enjoy my blog please give it a thumbs up and follow for more builds.






No comments:

Post a Comment