Monday, November 11, 2013

Take two


So Second post of my new Blogging endeavour.
More of a continuation of the first post.  

After finding all this Amazing Steampunk stuff online I'm hooked. I felt like I needed to be involved in this, I need to try making my own "Steampunk" life. Yet I didn't know where to begin and I had literally no money that I could put towards it. So I started finding things around the house and at work. Started collecting random parts and pieces of anything that was brass or copper.

This went on for a few months, till I had a good size pile of just pure junk. Needless to say my wife didn't quite like this new found hobby of mine. I began thinking of what I could build or put together. I liked that Altered art and Steampunk sculptures and things of that nature, But what I really liked was the ones that could be used. The Computers, Keyboards, Nerf guns, Lamps and other Household things that have been converted to this faux steam powered look. So like I said I was thinking really hard of what I could do for a while. One Day I was shooting one of my pellet guns in my basement (low powered pellet guns) when it hit me. I've seen people make Nerf guns but never any real guns or pellet guns. Sense this day I have found quite a bit of both but at that time I never seen any. 

I started by painting some of the pieces on the gun with a brass colored paint. And that didn't look that great. So then I started Grabbing some of the scrap copper I had collected and spent a few Hours drilling holes and bending copper taking it apart over and over. finally ended up with a weird looking pellet gun that looks neither good or steampunk it just looks dumb. Keep in mind this is my very first attempt at making any "steampunk" project here are some pictures. 








I know it's not good. but hey it was my first Steampunk prop. This pistol is still a fully functional Pellet gun. The gun runs off 12g CO2 tanks, and takes 22 cal. pellets. Funny thing is that this was also the very first pellet gun pistol I've ever bought. In the future I plan on taking this thing back out and redoing some of it maybe adding more to make it more Steampunk looking and less of just crap thrown together. But for now that how she sits.

 Now I was happy with this build for all about ten minutes. Then I stepped back and said "Wow that looks dumb!" so I put it away. I still shoot it every once in a while but its not a very good looking gun/build. I have still yet to try and make this one look better or try building a new gun at all. Maybe in the future but for now I'll let it rest.

My next project and theme of my next post was a USB thumb drive I put together. I shall post that within the next few days.

Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment