Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crank It Up!




        Post 9!


           Volume control Am I right?

            Whats a computer monitor with speakers build in it if you do not have full control over the volume of said speakers. Well with the speakers in my monitor project the idea of not having some type of volume control was just unacceptable to me. Also the idea of having some hum drum boring ol' volume knob was just as bad so it was time to do that thinking thing that I don't like doing all the time.

             My neighbor had a hole bock of clock parts that he let me rummage through,And I soon had a great idea. Why not make the volume control out of clock parts? This solve the problem of having some boring old knob hanging off the monitor somewhere. Also it solves the problem of this build not being "Steampunk-ish" enough? That and the hole control thing yada yada yada. So that what I shall do make the control knob into a clock work like crank system. BRILLANT!!!

             Not much more to say than that and I don't have any pictures of the process so here is a youtube video instead.




    After I made this video I made one last addition to the crank. I added a gear onto the crank to use as a handle so here is a picture of the finished crank.

      Hope you like it and as always thanks for reading.

       If you like what you see please Rate comment and follow for more builds. plus it will give me more motivation to keep building.

No comments:

Post a Comment