Sunday, November 10, 2013

The beginning!

Hello Interwebs.

I've never (air quotations) Blogged before so my apologies if this sucks.
Also my grammar leaves much to be desired.

Anyway lets begin,
I stumbled upon this amazing world of  "Steampunk" about Three years ago. For any who doesn't know what Steampunk is,or doesn't know how to use google. Steampunk is like a mash-up Victorian/industrial revolution era merged with modern technology. Imagine if you will all the technology you use today, But made with turn of the century methods. In other words your Iphone its still an Iphone but instead of a lithium battery it runs of steam power. Pretty cool right? Anyways three years ago I first heard of steampunk. I was taking back by the amount of information and shear number of people who were into it on the internet. Although we should never be surprised of what one could find on ye ol' interwebs, I was still baffled that I've never heard of Steampunk till then.

Now at the start My friend who goes by Miller was the one who told me about this. He had gone to a renaissance fair for a wedding (I know Awesome right?) and saw a man there who goes by the name of "Datamancer". Now this man is quite a well known individual in the Steampunk community,And has a lot of Amazing things he has built and sells. Here is a link to his Website. Miller told me all about these computers and crazy contraption this man built and was selling. Well that sparked my interest and I had to look it all up as soon as I got in front of a computer.

What I found had me floored. This world of Steampunk is so odd, Yet it seemed right. It was impractical yet much more intriguing then that which was practical. None of it made sense and still was (with the exception of my children and wife) some of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Well needless to say I was hooked.
I started looking up Steampunk creations everyday. And dreaming of what the world might be if the world of steampunk was the norm. And now still some was of a novice I have began to create my very own Steampunk creations.

So with that being say, This blog will be About my journey and a journal so to say of my quest to engulf my life with the Beauty that is Steampunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment