Wednesday, January 18, 2017

End Tables #1

Post 21

Steampunk End Tables Part 1


Been really loving making reclaimed pallet wood builds. My Pallet desk really set me off on this Pallet wood fixation. I am a huge steampunk fan and pallet wood works very well for this. With that being said like before If any build works for this blog and my Carpentry blog it will posted on both. you can find that blog here. ( Carpentry Blog )

With that said on to the blog post.



 So unlike my other pallet builds I wasn't going to do this one in all Reclaimed pallet wood. I started with a pile of 1x4 pine stock. I cut enough for the legs down to 26" for a rough cut finish cut would later be cut to 22".

 Ripped all the pieces on a 45 degree angle on both sides. Started gluing and nailing the quadrants together. The main reason for this for anyone who doesn't know was to have four legs solid with no end grains.

 I then made the top rails for the table tops. again this is pretty self explanatory. Then added a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top so that the pour on poly cant leak through the pallet wood chunks when its time to do the poly.



The pallet wood part is really my favorite parts of this build. This part is an awful lot like making and putting together a jigsaw puzzle. The hardest part of this part is less fitting the pieces together and more trying to get a more random look to it. however I think it came out pretty good and fairly random.





I finished the pallet wood part of both the end tables and cut of all the extra wood. I really loved the way the tables looked with the wood jutting off in all directions however for an end table it wouldn't work very well. So I cut off all the extra wood reluctantly as to finish the tables with nice flat sides so nothing could get cought on them.



After I added yet another layer of wood around the outsides of the end tables so as to have a tubed section for the poly to fill. 

And with that we come to then of this post next for these tables is a nice thick coating of pour on poly some stain and finish routing.
Stay tuned for updates.


Hope you enjoyed reading!
As I said before any post that fits for my carpentry blog and this one will be posted to both You can check out my Carpentry blog Here!

For more pictures and projects you can check out my website 

Also you can check out my terrible Video Game Blog
or my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/AmazingJayman 



Have a great day and thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment