Friday, May 15, 2015

Lanterns of Tea 99.9% done!!!




          Post #16



          Alright guys this is going to most likely be my last post for these here Tea light lanterns for a while. They are what I would call 99.9% done (Hence the title of this post) Now the reason I will not say they are done is because the LED's do not give off nearly as much light as I would have liked so I am going to get new LED's in the future and replace them but this most likely won't happen for at least a few weeks.

           Until then THE LANTERNS ARE!!!! Done? Yes as done as they are going to be at least till the new lights.


        To finish these bad boys off I found these metal plant hangers at walmart for dirt cheap. (Picture to left) I bought them and brought them home and started "Antique-ing" them. (Picture to right)
Again going over them with some Rub N' Buff, and some choice paints. And got them looking pretty good. I think the black base coat that was on them from the store really brought out the color of said antique-ing a lot more. These things look great!!! I very very pleased with how they turned out.



      Then I looked around the room and tried to figure out where I was going to hang these things where 1. they are not going to get in the way. 2. they don't look out of place and pointless. And 3. where I could easily hid the wires in or behind something.  My computer monitor was my best choice and to be completely honest I'm very glad I made that choice. These things look great hanging off my computer! However it did make me realize that new I need to make my monitor match some how in some way. Hmmm........ I wonder how I could do that? So stay tuned for my to rip that 27" TV apart and start fooling around with that too!! XD


     



        Here is a nice shot of both the Lanterns hanging off either side of my computer monitor I really thing they look amazing. I truly am very happy with how these turned out.




This is a picture of how the Lanterns look at night. I know it's really hard to see and doesn't look like much of anything which is why I made the picture small because I am only uploading it to show they do turn on. However this is the only part of the lanterns I am disappointed in. The red LED's like I said before just are not as bright as I thought they would be and they really do not have the effect I was looking for. But hey live and learn right? Again like I said I plan on getting color changing LED stripes that work off a remote and revisiting these so to swap the LED's out.


       So that about it for this post Thank you for ready and if you like my builds please feel free to give it a like, A nice comment, And follow for my future builds. I have a great one in the works right now. Also again I will leave this with a video of the build and I'll see you guys later. Thanks for ready.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment